Throughout March we are offering a free, 6 module course on ground preparation, covering how to successfully plan and carry out ground preparation for woodland creation. Learning consists of online modules and tutorials with opportunities for questions and discussion on the topics covered.
The course will cover-
- What is Ground Preparation?
- Legislative & Policy Context for Planning Ground Preparation
- Site Conditions & Tree Growth
- Ground Preparation Techniques
- Matching Ground Preparation to the Site
- Planning and Best Practice - case study reflection
More information click here- Course Introduction
This training course is developed and provided by Cumbria Woodlands. It has been funded by the Forestry Commission in association with Roots to Prosperity, RDI and Martin Glynn. The initial support for this work came from the Forestry Commission through the Research and Development Grant under the Forestry Innovation Fund