Webinar 1- What is Ancient Woodland; what is PAWS?
This session featured Alan Crawford, Outreach Adviser for Woodland Trust as we talk about woodlands' historical context including:
- What used to be wooded; what’s wooded now?
- How much Ancient Semi Natural Woodland/Plantation on Ancient Woodland is there and why is ancient woodland important?
- What’s the potential for different types of Plantation on Ancient Woodland, and what are we looking for?
- How do we assess their health and resilience?
- What the broad principles, and where do we need to be site specific?